Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pork chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Grated Parmesan
- Arrange the potatoes on the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the pork chops, season with salt and then sear each chop briefly on each side until the edges are lightly browned. Lay the chops on top of the potatoes.
- Using the same skillet, sauce the onion and mushrooms. Place the onions and mushrooms on top of the pork chops.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the cream, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and stir until mixed. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the Parmesan cheese in batches, stirring until smooth. Add the Italian seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the chops, mushrooms, and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with garnish.
Adapted from Eatwell 101.