Yield: 6 servings
- 9 oz. grated Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz. grated Gruyère cheese
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 1/4 tbsp flour
- 1 can (12 oz.) beer
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered mustard
- French bread, cubed
- Grape tomatoes
- Bell peppers, cut into strips
- Broccoli florets
- In a bowl, toss together the grated cheeses, Velveeta, and flour.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the beer to a simmer.
- Over medium heat, add the cheese in batches, stirring while it melts.
- Add the powdered mustard and stir together.
- Serve hot with the dippers. We use an electric burner on the table to keep it warm during the meal.
Adapted from The Fondue Bible. It's a great book and I strongly recommend it.