Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables), drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 round loaf (1 lb.) French or Italian bread
- 12 oz. sliced salami
- 8 oz. sandwich pepperoni
- 4 oz. hot coppa
- 1/2 lb. sliced provolone
- Combine the capers, red peppers, giardiniera, garlic, and parsley in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Mix in the vinegar and olive oil by hand, and then store in the refrigerator. Ideally for at least 8 hours.
- Slice the loaf of bread horizontally. Use your bare hands to pull out most of the bread from both the top and bottom, leaving about 1/2" of bread & crust.
- Generously spread the dressing over both the top and bottom. You should have plenty left over.
- Layer half of the salami, pepperoni, coppa, and provolone. Repeat. Place the top on the sandwich.
- Cut into six pieces.
Adapted from Good House Keeping.