Yield: 2 dozen
Use a knife to spread the chocolate onto half of each sandwich cookie. Sprinkle with toffee pieces and then lay on wax paper until the chocolate sets.
Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball into a 2" circle by pressing down with a the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine the filling ingredients. Spread onto the bottom of half the cookies, and then sandwich together with the other cookies.
- Refrigerate the cookies so that the filling firms up.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave.
- Go slowly and be careful not to burn the chocolate.