Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 lbs. potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Fontina or Gruyere cheese, grated
- In a medium pot, combine the cream, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often. Puree the mixture in a food processor to get it smooth.
- Use heavy duty aluminum foil to make a large packet. Arrange the sliced potatoes in the packet, and then pour the cream mixture over them.
- Refrigerate until you're ready to grill them. We made this ahead of camping and transported in a cooler.
- Put the packet on a grill over the campfire and cook for 40-45 minutes, rotating once.
- Open the packet, add the cheese, and close again tightly. Grill for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Post a Comment