Yield: 3 Sandwiches
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices bread
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter and melt.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the onion, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until the onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add the wine, and cook until reduced. About 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Butter three slices of bread. Lay them on a cutting board, butter side down.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each slice of bread. Top with onions, and then add a slice of provolone cheese.
- Butter three more slices of bread, and add to the sandwiches, butter side up.
- Fry the sandwiches in a frying pan over medium-low heat until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.