Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt (1.5 tsp per liter of water used)
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 11 oz. shredded alpine cheeses
- I used a mix of Swiss & Fontina
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes in water by 2 inches. Add in the whole clove of garlic, thyme, and water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes. Return to the pot and combine with the butter & garlic. Puree (I use an inversion mixer).
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix until fully combined. Add the cheese in handfuls, mixing thoroughly along the way. Use the inversion blender if needed.
- When done, it should be a viscous fluid. (See picture below)
- Serve hot.
Post a Comment