This is an easy dinner that combines a lot of great flavors together. The cheese melts the mushrooms in place on the chicken breasts. It comes out looking like you worked all afternoon, but can be tossed together pretty quickly.
- 1 cup of dry rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4-6 chicken breast halves
- 4-6 oz. mushrooms
- 8 oz. swiss cheese
- Prepare the rice according to instructions on package. Spread into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup on top of the rice. As much as possible, try to make it a layer on top of the rice.
- Briefly cook the chicken breast halves in a skillet. You don't need to cook them through, just a minute or so on each side.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the rice.
- Slice the mushrooms. Spread them on top of the chicken breasts.
- Slice the Swiss cheese. Place a slice on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Check the chicken with a thermometer to ensure that it's fully cooked.
- Serve hot.
Post a Comment