- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until it forms into a thick dough.
- Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Press down with the tines of a fork to make the criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Baking at 360ºF for 7-8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.