Yield: 16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Green food coloring
- 2 lbs. medium shells pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
- Melt butter in a large pan over low heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and whisk to ensure there are no lumps. Whisk in the salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, and mustard.
- Cooking until simmering, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the grated choose. Stir until melted and combined.
- Mix in the drained spinach. Add additional green food coloring to reach desired color.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir until well combined.
- Serve hot.