Yield: 64 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- 64 (19.5 oz.) miniature peanut butter cups
- I also used bite-sized butterfingers on half my cookies
- Melted chocolate chips
- I used some leftover chocolate ganache from another project.
- Cream together the sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-9 minutes.
- Press an unwrapped miniature peanut butter cup (upside-down) into each cup while it's still warm from the oven. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use the melted chocolate to pipe 8 legs onto each spider cookie.