Yield: 4-5 cups
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the whipping cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, butter, and vanilla in a sauce pan.
- Heat gradually over low heat, stirring together to combine.
- Increase heat to medium-low, and continue stirring while bringing it to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chocolate chips into a bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the top and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Whisk to combine. When fully combined, you can use immediately over ice cream or pour into mason jars to store in the fridge.
Adapted from Cuisinart.