We did 100% arugula in the noodles. Next time we'll do a 50/50 split between arugula and spinach to soften the taste a bit.
Yield: 6 servings
- Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup brown horseradish mustard
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 pork chops, 1-inch thick, about 0.5 lbs each
- Arugula Noodles
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- Next time I will do a 50/50 split with arugula and spinach.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 grams agar-agar (about 3/4 tsp)
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Place the pork chops in a bag with the marinade. Press the air out and seal closed. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Grill the chops over medium heat until cooked through.
- For the noodles, place the arugula and water into a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and add the agar agar. Bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Using a syringe and some polyethylene tubing, siphon the mixture into the tubing. Submerge the filled tubes into an ice water bath and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Using an air-filled syringe, push the the noodle out of the tubing onto a plate. Repeat the process until all of the arugula mixture has been used.
Useful Conversions: Molecular Gastronomy.