Yield: 1 12-inch Pizza
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pizza dough
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup corn
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- Slice the onion thinly. Saute with 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat until they begin to caramelize. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Roll the dough out into a 12-inch thin-crust pizza. Drizzle with some olive oil and spread with your fingers to coat.
- Bake the crust at 425°F for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the crust. Top with the caramelized onions, followed by thyme, corn, and salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano and ricotta cheese and mix well. Drop as dollops onto the pizza.
- Bake at 450°F for 12-13 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Adapted from Food Network.