Next time I'm going to try adding some celery leaves for additional flavor.
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1/4 cup + 1/3 cup oil, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp horseradish
- Thinly slice onions. Saute in 1/4 cup of oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Let cook for 30 more minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place onions in a food processor. Add all remaining ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Serve with pita bread or chips.