Yield: 12 servings
- 40 crushed Oreos, divided
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup milk
- Peppermint flavoring
- How much you use depends on the type of flavoring (extract vs. oil) and how minty you want the dessert. Rather than give you an amount, you can just do it to taste.
- Green food coloring
- 6 whole Oreos
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the crushed Oreos for the end.
- Mix the remaining crushed Oreos with the butter. Line the bottom of a 10" springform pan with wax paper. Press the Oreos into the bottom.
- Spoon the ice cream onto the Oreo crust. Press down with the back of a spoon to pack it in. Freeze until the ice cream has hardened, about 60-90 minutes.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff, milk, peppermint flavor, and food coloring. Mix until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour into the springform pan on top of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle the reserved crushed Oreos from step #1 on top. Take your six whole Oreos and arrange in a pattern on the top. (See picture)
- Freeze overnight to let it harden. Serve cold.
Adapted from Taste of Home.