Yield: 4 cups sauce
- 4 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp strawberry preserves
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- Line a baking dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spread the strawberries into the dish and bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pot, combine the strawberries with all remaining ingredients except the cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processer and add the cilantro. Puree until smooth.
- Use on your favorite meat while grilling. I recommend pork.
- Serve as a side for dipping the meat fresh off the grill.