Yield: 72 candies
- 96g heavy whipping cream
- Extra whipping cream, as needed
- 38g peeled and thinly sliced ginger root
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 22.5g light corn syrup
- 45g spiced rum
- 22.5g butter, softened
- 562g white chocolate, melted and tempered at 30°C.
- This must be real chocolate
- Light chocolate for dipping
- This can be chocolate or confectionary coating
- Place the whipping cream in a small saucepan with the ginger root and vanilla. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the ginger root from the cream, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Use the extra cream to return the total weight to 96g.
- Add the corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the rum. Let cool until it's 40°C.
- Mix the butter into the white chocolate until smooth. Add the cream mixture and beat vigorously to emulsify.
- Spread into a 9"x9" silicone pan. Cover with wax paper and let sit until completely set (8-12 hours).
- Remove from the silicone pan. Cover one side with a thin layer of light chocolate. Cut into 0.75" x 1.50" rectangles. Dip in light chocolate and place on wax paper to set.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Chocolates & Confections.