Yield: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-15 fresh basil leaves, minced
- Combine the milk and 1 tbsp butter. Heat to 110°F. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the milk mixture, egg, and cheese. Mix into a dough and knead for 6-8 minutes. (If needed, add more flour or milk to form the dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place to rise, about 60-75 minutes.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in the remaining tbsp butter. Chop the basil and add to the onions & garlic.
- Punch down the dough. Knead the onion mixture into it and shape into a loaf. Place in a greased bread pan and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30-45 minutes).
- Bake at 350°F for 35-50 minutes. Serve warm.