- 3 cups white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/8 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Add water and oil and mix well.
- Knead for 10 minutes. Cover and let rise in warm place for one hour.
- Divide dough into eight pieces. On floured surface, roll each into a small circle 6-7" in diameter. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 500ºF.
- Place 2-3 pitas onto a wire rack. Put the whole rack into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. The pitas will puff up.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Bake the rest in the same fashion.
- Cover pitas with a damp towel. This will transfer moisture and soften them. When they're soft, push them flat and eat.