Yield: 34 cookies
- 15 tbsp butter
- 1-2 drops anise oil (Depending on how strong you want the flavor to be)
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/8 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 100 grams sesame seeds
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the anise oil and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the eggs and whisk until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add the butter/egg mixture and the vanilla and mix until it pulls together into a dough. It should be a little sticky.
- Divide the dough into 30 gram portions and roll into balls.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk & whipping cream. Dip the dough balls into the milk and then roll them in sesame seeds to coat. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 15-16 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.