Yield: 2 1/2 cups nuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- Extra cinnamon sugar, if desired
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Line two cookie sheets with silicone mats or wax paper.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cream. Bring to a mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for exactly 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat, add nuts, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour onto the prepared cookie sheets. Use a spoon to distribute them into a single, even layer.
- If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while they're still warm.
- Let stand until fully cooled. Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Jay's Baking Me Crazy.