Yield: 8 servings
IngredientsYou may be looking at the photo and thinking that there's too much rice. I've fixed the ingredients to give you the right amount.
- 36 oz. ground sausage
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp beef bouillion
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- In a large dutch oven, cooked the ground sausage. Drain off the fat.
- Add everything except the rice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes until the pepper is tender.
- Add the cooked rice and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve hot, right off the stove.
Adapted from Taste of Home.