Yield: 2 sandwiches
- Apple Mustard
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 2 eggs
- For the apple mustard, heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion and salt, stirring to combine. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent.
- Remove the lid and raise the heat. Cook until the onion is brown, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the onions, mustard, and apple butter. Puree until smooth.
- You can use it immediately, store in the fridge for a couple weeks, or can it to last longer.
Adapted from Grilled Cheese Kitchen.