Gwen was in the mood to cook up some stir-fry (as she is often wont to do), and made these tasty wraps. An easy, tasty dinner.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 wraps per serving
- 1" piece of ginger, peeled & grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage, divided
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sriracha, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, and sausage.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until browned and crisp. About 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the skillet, cook half of the cabbage until it is tender and wilted. Add in the vinegar and soy sauce, cooking until the liquid is reduced. About 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage, remaining cabbage, green onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds to the skillet. Mix well.
- Serve stir-fry on tortillas. Drizzle with Sriracha if desired, and then fold into wraps.
Adapted from Bon Appétit.