Be sure to make the fudge sauce to go on top!
Yield: 10-12 two-scoop servings
- Ice Cream Base
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60-65 maraschino cherries, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 12 sandwich cookies, chopped into pieces. (Yes, I am too cheap to buy name-brand Oreos)
- Combine the ice cream ingredients and whisk together. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Prepare the ice cream according to the manufacturer instructions for your ice cream machine.
- When the ice cream is done, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add in the cherries and cookies, and fold together with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, let stand on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly. Scoop and enjoy!