Yield: 10-12 two-scoop servings
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut cream
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- Zest of three limes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp liquid pectin
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1-2 avocados
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut cream with 1 cup of whipping cream. Heat gradually until it begins to simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining whipping cream, lime zest, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Once the cream mixture from step #1 comes to a simmer, add the cream/sugar mixture from step #2 and stir until combined. Return to medium heat, stirring continuously until it comes to a strong simmer and thickens. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the pectin. Strain through a fine mesh, pressing with the back of a spoon to push all the liquid through and separate from the pulp.
- It's tempting to skip this step. Don't skip it! You want a smooth texture, and it's really important to separate the zest back out.
Adapted from Shrinking Kitchen.