Yield: 1 12-inch pizza
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- Fresh basil
- To reduce the vinegar, place it in a small pan over medium-low heat. Let it simmer until it is reduced and begins to thicken. Do not let it burn. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Roll the dough out into a 12-inch thin-crust pizza. Drizzle with some olive oil and spread with your fingers to coat.
- Bake the pizza crust at 425°F for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese over the pizza. Top with a layer of sliced nectarines, and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 12-13 minutes, until the crust is starting to brown and the cheese is melting.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil, drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar, and serve warm.