Yield: 10 servings
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped into 1/4 inch piece
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 14 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cups shredded gouda, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, divided
- Cook the bacon in a large, 12" cast iron skillet until crispy. Remove from heat.
- In the bacon grease, cook the shallot until aromatic. Add the potatoes & bell pepper and cook until the potato begins to soften. Add the red onions and cook until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a stand mixer, whip the eggs & milk.
- Into the eggs, add the crumbled bacon, potato mixure, tomatoes, green onion, 1 1/2 cup gouda, and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Mix together by hand.
- Pour egg mixture into the cast iron skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for for 1-2 minutes, until the bottom starts to set.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 400°F for 12-18 minutes, until the egg has set. If desired, broil for 1-2 minutes extra to further brown the top.
- Let stand on the counter for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm.