Yield: 18-21 servings
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add in the sugar while whisking. Continue until completely mixed. The egg whites should be shiny.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a star tip, pipe the egg whites into small circles, about 2.5 - 3.0 inches in diameter.
- Heat the oven to 300°F. Reduce the heat to 275°F and bake the meringues for 35-40 minutes. They should be a light almond color.
- Cool on a wire rack. Do not refrigerate or store in an airtight container. Instead, store in a cool (not cold), dry place.
- To make the topping, combine the whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream onto each pavlova. Top with berries and serve.