Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 slices rye bread
- Lemon pesto (Recipe)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Scoop out the avocado into a mixing bowl. Add the lime juice and mash. Set aside.
- Butter one side of a slice of bread. Place butter-side down on a cutting board.
- Spread lemon pesto on the bread. Cover with the first slice of cheese.
- Lay 3 strips of bacon on top of the cheese. Cover with the second slice of cheese.
- Spread avocado onto another slice of bread. Place on top of the sandwich, avocado-side down. Spread butter on the remaining side of the bread.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the second sandwich.
- Grill on a skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat, slice, and serve immediately.