Yield: 2 servings
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 serrano chiles, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 4 slices cocktail rye bread
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 oz. Pine nuts
- To make the guacamole, cut to avocados and place in a mixing bowl. Mash.
- Add the remaining guacamole ingredients. Mix with a spoon.
- If making the guacamole in advance, place in an airtight container with the seed in the middle. Pour a little extra lime juice on top, cover with plastic wrap directly against the guacamole, and then seal the container's lid. Refrigerate. This will minimize browning (though you can't prevent it entirely).
- Toast the rye bread. Spread cream cheese on top. Spoon guacamole on top and spread across the top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.