Yield: 2 cakes, 16 servings
- 2 frozen pound cakes, 12 oz. each
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 6-8 tbsp milk
- 2 lbs. confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 4 cups ducle de leche
- Chocolate Coating
- 20 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 16 tbsp cold butter
- Thaw the cakes. Trim the top to flatten.
- Microwave the chocolate in a bowl for 15-20 seconds at a time, stirring until smooth.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter, milk, and confectioners' sugar. Whip until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate and add more milk if necessary.
- On each cake, spread a generous layer of chocolate filling. Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
- Mix the peanuts and dulce de leche. Spread as a layer on top of the chocolate filling. Return to the freeze for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- For the chocolate coating, microwave the chocolate and butter in 15-20 second batches, stirring until smooth.
- Place the cakes on a wire rack. Pour the chocolate coating over the top and let it drizzle down the sides. Use a spatula to smooth it out over the entire cake.
- Store the cakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Adapted from Food Network.