So much cheese.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 lb. uncooked penne
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10.75 oz. each) cream of mushroom souped, undiluted
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups cubed turkey breast
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- Cook penne according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the butter. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the soup, cream cheese, cream, and milk. Cook and stir until the cream cheese is melted. Add the remaining cheeses and spices. Cook until all the cheese is melted. Add turkey and penne and heat through.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the pasta.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until it's bubbly around the edges. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home.