Yield: 4 servings
- Brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
- 250 grams strawberries
- 10 grams gelatin powder
- 50 grams water
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams sugar
- 200 ml milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Red food coloring
- 200 ml heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- 4 whole strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions. Cool completely
- Hull the 250 grams of strawberries and puree. Set aside.
- Mix the gelatin with water and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine the egg yolks with sugar in a bowl and mix with a fork until fluffy.
- Place the milk in a pan and heat just until it is about to simmer. Add the egg mixture and whisk together. Keep it warm on the stove over low heat.
- Add the gelatin from step #3 into the pot and mix until the gelatin has completely melted.
- Add the strawberry puree and the lemon juice. Add red food coloring to darken the mixture. Remember that you'll be adding whipped cream in the next step, so go darker than you want the final product.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Remove the mixture from the stove and mix the cream gradually into the pot.
- Cut the brownies into small pieces. Pour some of the baravois mixture into the bottom of four large wine glasses. Add in chunks of brownies and then pour in more baravois, repeating until it's all used.
- Refrigerate for 3+ hours until firm.
- Top with whipped cream, whole strawberries, and mint leaves. Serve cold.
Adapted from Fun Cakes and Cook Pad.