Yield: 6 servings
- 6 lbs broccoli
- 9 tbsp butter, softened
- Zest of two lemons
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces, discarding the thick stems.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil the broccoli until tender, about 3 minutes. Strain. (You may need to cook in two batches)
- In a mixing bowl, blend the butter, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Add the pine nuts and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the nuts from the oil.
- Add the remaining olive oil and cook the garlic. Remove from the heat.
- Place the broccoli in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle with the garlic oil and then dollop with the lemon butter. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes -- just enough to get it heated through and melt the butter.
- Serve hot directly out of the oven.