Yield: 5 servings
- 5 boneless, skineless chicken breasts, 1/2 lb. each
- 1/2 lb. sliced ham
- 1 lb. sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, divided
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Oil for frying
- Flatten the ckicken breasts. On each breast, lay out some ham and provolone. Roll it up and tie with string.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup parmesan, sage, paprika, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron pan. Pan fry the chicken on all sides, two at a time, and then place in a greased casserole dish.
- Combine the soup with the chicken broth. Pour around the chicken. Cover and bake at 375°F for 60 minutes. When done cooking, top with reserved parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot right out of the oven.
Adapted from Taste of Home.