You can also substitute M&Ms for Reese's Pieces.
Yield: 12 servings
- One box (18.25 oz) cake mix, with ingredients listed on box to prepare it.
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) chocolate frosting
- 4 packages XL Kit Kat Bars (4.5 oz. each)
- 1 large ribbon
- 2 packages (6 oz. each) Reese's Pieces
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions. Bake in two 9" round cake pans as directed and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Level the top of the cakes with a serated bread knife. Frost the top of the first cake and stack with the second cake layer. Frost the sides and top.
- Break the Kit Kat bars into sticks and place vertically around the outside of the cake. Wrap the ribbon around the outside and pull it taut. Tie into a bow.
- Pour the Reese's Pieces into the top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.