Yield: 15 servings.
- 1 box white cake mix, with ingredients listed on box.
- 1 package strawberry jello
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 9" x 13" pan that has been greased and floured. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using a wooden skewer, poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Prepare the jello according to package directions. Slowly pour over the cake. You probably won't use all of it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream and confectioners' sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread blueberry filling into a large square in one corner of the cake. Form the strawberry filling into long horizontal rows for the red stripes on the flag.
- Using a large star tip, pipe the whip cream frosting between the strawberry frosting as the white stripes on the flag. Using a small star tip, pipe white stars onto the blueberry background.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours.