Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup + 2 tsp. sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 16 oz. sour cream
- Fresh strawberries
- In a large pot, combine the cream and 1 cup of sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until it reaches 160°F. Do not let it boil.
- Whisk in the gelatin completely. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the extracts.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the sour cream. Pour into six dessert dishes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Immediately before serving, slice the strawberries and arrange on top.
Adapted from Taste of Home.