Yield: 12 servings
- Brownie Crust
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 4 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chipps
- 7 Reese's peanut butter cups, cut in half
- For the brownie crust, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Stir in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper, and then grease the sides and bottom.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips on the crust.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the eggs and continue beating.
- Add the sugar, peanut butter, cream, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. (Be sure to scrape the bottom!)
- Pour the batter on top of the brownie crust. Line the sides and bottom with aluminum foil and place in a hot water bath.
- Reduce the oven to 325°F. Place the entire thing in the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- When done, leave the door ajar, and let the cake cool inside the oven.
- When fully cooled, run a knife around the edge and remove the side of the springform pan.
- For the chocolate topping, heat the cream in the microwave until hot. Add in the chocolate chips, and stir them into the cream until it's smooth. Pour into a plastic ziptop bag.
- Cut the corner off of the bag. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake.
- Cut the 7 Reese's peanut butter cups in half. Spread some chocolate onto the edge of each and arrange along the outside of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before eating.
Adapted from Hugs and Cookies.