- 7 oz. chorizo, casing removed
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chillies, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large pot, combine chorizo, chicken, broth, tomatoes, beans, onion, jalapeno, and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the whipping cream. Cook long enough to bring the temperature back up to heat.
- Serve hot.