Yield: 10 servings
- 1 lb. bacon
- 3 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 18 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the bacon to tender. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a skillet, sauté the bell pepper, onions, and garlic until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, dill weed, salt, and pepper.
- In your crock pot, put in a layer of 1/3 of the hash browns, 1/3 of the bacon pieces, 1/3 of the vegetables, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat for the second layer.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over the top.
- Repeat thirds for the top layer. Pour remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-9 hours until it reaches 160°F. Serve warm.
Adapted from A Latté with Ott, A.