Yield: 4 servings
- Mango-Orange Noodles
- 2/3 cup puréed mango (about 2 medium mangoes)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 4 grams agar agar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- For the mango-orange noodles, whisk together the mango purée and orange juice in a small sauce pan. Mix in the agar agar.
- Bring to a boil on the stove top. Boil for 1 minute, and then remove from the heat.
- Using a syringe and some polyethelene tubing, siphon the mango-orange mixture into the tubing. Submerge in an ice water bath. Using the syringe to push air, push the noodle out of the tubing onto a plate. Repeat process until all of the mango-orange mixture has been used.
- I initially tried to keep the ends of the tubing from being submerged, but gave up on that idea. It didn't seem to hurt anything.
- The spices will pile up a bit into small clumps. That's ok. Just spread them onto the salmon.
Adapted from Taste of Home and Puffballism.