Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. bacon
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 lb. cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Lay the bacon in a muffin tin, six strips per cup, as shown.
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Boil in water until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place a potato slice in the bacon cup. Top with alternating layers of potato and grated cheese until full, sprinkling with salt and garlic powder between each layer. Fold the bacon over the top.
- Be generous with the salt and garlic.
- Bake at 400ºF for 17-20 minutes until the bacon is cooked. Remove from the muffin tin, and you'll see that the bacon is crispy on the top and soft on the bottom. Invert on a baking stone or baking sheet and cook for another 5 minutes to crisp the bottom.
- Serve warm.
Adapted from Epic Meal Time.