Yield: 5 servings
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 7 strips of bacon
- 1/4 lb. cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch flavored dip
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- Clean the potatoes. Bake in the oven at 450°F for one hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon and crumble into pieces. Grate the cheese.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut the top off. Use a spoon to scoop out the inner potatoe without going through the skin. Place the scooped potatoe into a food processor.
- Add the ranch dip, sour cream, salt, and butter. Blend until smooth.
- Crumble five strips of the bacon into the potato mixture and mix by hand.
- Scoop the mixture into the empty potato skins, filling halfway. Place in a layer of cheese, and then finish filling the skins with the potato mixture. Discard extra potato mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to the oven to heat until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.