Yield: 24 poppers
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 lb. colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Italian flavor Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Cut the stems from the peppers. Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Set aside.
- Cream together the cheeses, chili powder, and garlic powder. Spoon into the peppers. (You'll have plenty extra, so be generous)
- Press each pepper into bread crumbs.
- Add a dab of ketchup to the tip of each pepper and cover with a sliced almond.
- Place on a baking sheet that's been lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes. Serve hot.