Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne papper
- 10 strips bacon
- Mac 'N Cheese
- 1 lbs macaroni, cooked al dente
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, sliced
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring the 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's to a simmer. Simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cayenne. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Coat the bacon with the thickened jack daniels and then dredge through the sugar mixture. Lay flat on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 7 minutes. Flip the bacon over and cook the other side for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- After the bacon cools a bit, cut into pieces and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and jack daniels until smooth. Add 1 cup of the milk and whisk until smooth, then add the second cup. Simmer until it begins to thicken.
- Once thickened, add the cheddar and provolone and whisk until smooth.
- Combine the macaroni with the cheese sauce and stir untli well coated. Fold in the bacon pieces and serve warm.
Adapted from Blog Chef.