Yield: 8 servings
- Two pie crusts
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed & quartered
- 6 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 7 large peaches)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Lay one of the pie crusts in a 10" pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit, spices, flour, and sugar. Toss together to coat thoroughly. Let sit five minutes for the juices to fully soak through the dry ingredients. Pour into the pie crust.
- Cut the second pie crust into long strips. Arrange in a lattice work on top. Pinch & flute the edges.
- Cover the edges with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 45-55 minutes, removing the foil for the last ten minutes, until the crust is lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. (Several hours)
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.