Yield: 32 buns
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the cubed butter and cut with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Add the sour cream and yogurt. Mix until it forms a sticky dough.
- In a food processor, combine all of the filling ingredients. Process until crumbly.
- Divide the dough in half. On a floured surface, roll into a 16" x 12" rectangle. Sprinkle half of the chocolate mixture. Roll up like a jelly roll. Pinch the seam closed.
- Using a piece of dental floss, cut into 16 1-inch pieces. Place in a greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 340°F for 20 minutes, until the edges start to brown a little. Cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from Leanne Bakes.